In this recorded webinar “Leveraging Your Board,” hosted by Women in Nonprofit (WIN) and moderated by Boston Red Sox Executive Vice President of Social Impact & Boston Red Sox Foundation Director Bekah Salwasser, Lindauer CEO Deb Taft is joined by industry leaders Yolanda Coentro, President and CEO, Institute for Nonprofit Practice, and Josh Kraft, President, Kraft Family Philanthropies, to discuss the high-level impact and implications of what good engagement, management, and stewardship of a highly functioning board includes. Having worked for and with some of the most renowned organizations in the country, these presenters bring a depth of knowledge and experience that is invigorating and inspiring. This webinar offers critical advice for anyone managing a board and looking to create a structure that best serves the needs of their organization while providing their board with a meaningful and rewarding experience.
Covering topics such as executive committees, advisory boards, and campaign giving, some key questions answered are:
– How do you create a board that helps fulfill the mission of your organization?
– How do you build a diverse board?
– What is the right size for your organization?
– How do you structure a productive board meeting?
– What are the pros and cons of an annual board retreat?
– Is a “give or get” policy a good idea?