To hire and retain fundraisers of color, incorporate a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging into your organization’s core values and be transparent, not performative, with job seekers. In this Chronicle of Philanthropy article, nonprofit leaders explain a focus on DEIB is not only the right thing to do but also the best way to build a powerhouse fundraising shop.
Experts recommend the following:
· Incorporate DEI into your core values.
· Assess your organization’s culture, then monitor your efforts.
· Broaden your organization’s network.
· Evaluate procedures to prevent bias.
· Share your organizational values — and salary ranges — with job candidates.
· Provide ongoing support to new employees.
Click here to read the full article.