The Giving USA 2015 report is out and it is apparent that things are looking up.
Giving USA: “The Annual Report on Philanthropy” is the seminal publication reporting on the sources and uses of charitable giving in the United States.”
A few highlights:
- 2014 was the best year on record with 358.38 billion dollars given to philanthropic causes.
- Religious organizations benefited the most from these donations.
- Individual donors made up 80% of donations given.
- Of the individual donations – household giving averages reached over $2,000.
- Mega gifts are on the rise with an increase of 14.6%; the wealthy are giving one million dollars and more to charity.
- There was an increase in U.S. charitable giving overall of 7.1% from 2013.
You can order the full report or see a peek of the highlights here: