Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago (CCAC) was founded more than a century ago to meet human need through the Mission of Charity. Partnering with mission-driven people and organizations across Cook and Lake Counties, CCAC improves lives and nourishes spirits; strengthens and empowers people, families, and communities; and commits to being present through the eyes of faith. As the largest human services provider in the region, CCAC serves thousands daily—regardless of their faith, gender, race, or ethnicity.
The Senior Director–Government and Foundation Advancement (SD-GFA) will report to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement. The SD-GFA will lead a team of five to six staff members to identify, cultivate, and execute all of Catholic Charities’ government and foundation grant-based funding. To secure these critical sources of support, the SD-GFA partner across Charities’ Advancement and Senior Teams to align and leverage Charities’ institutional funding relationships on behalf of Charities’ mission.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Director–Government and Foundation Advancement include:
- Overseeing CCAC’s government and foundation complete grant portfolio;
- Vitalize CCAC’s Government and Foundation Advancement Team, directly overseeing all foundation grant writing and the work of the Director–Government Grants;
- Set and execute a vision for significantly growing CCAC’s foundation relationships and grants pipeline over the next five years;
- Partner with staff across the organization to implement an integrated system of databases and software to support best-in-class grant writing management; and
- Collaborate with leaders across CCAC to establish and steward long-term relationships, as appropriate to each funder.