Lindauer is the premier national executive search and talent firm serving the nonprofit profession. Lindauer does more advancement searches than any other search firm and specializes in recruiting Nonprofit leaders and their teams for the education, healthcare, science, arts and culture, and advocacy nonprofit sectors.
The Business Development Associate prepares and compiles business development proposals and requests for proposal (RFP) for the Chief Executive Officer, Executive Vice President, and Senior Vice President. This position will oversee, monitor, and report on business development performance and information by preparing and analyzing business development plans and forecasts. This role requires exceptional communication and customer service, experienced time and project management, and the ability to multi-task while remaining extremely detail oriented.
The Business Development Associate supports all Lindauer business development work, including tracking all leads, contacts, and activities in Salesforce as well as schedule business development meetings and sales calls and assist leaders of the firm in preparing for meetings with prospective clients. The position will also manage all company memberships and play an integral role in conference planning and logistics.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Prepare and compile business development proposals and RFPs
– Develop and implement detailed and accurate reports for the business development, marketing, and executive management teams, providing visibility into performance against key business objectives
– Arrange sales meetings, schedule appointments, and proactively prepare Lindauer leaders for sales meetings
– Develop new tools to promote sales productivity and efficiency using Salesforce
– Enable measuring of sales teams’ performance through the creation of KPIs
– Communicate effectively with business development and marketing managers to identify and address areas for improvement
– Provide customized reporting and recommendations in support of ongoing business initiatives
– Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
– Exceptional ability to manage time and handle multiple tasks and priorities
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, superior telephone manner, and maintain professional composure when interacting with internal staff, clients, and candidates
– Complete tasks in a professional and timely manner, producing high-quality and accurate results
– Respond quickly to and appropriately under a variety of situations and proactively resolve complications
– Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
– Highly organized, detail-oriented, and possesses a “can do” attitude
– Excellent command of business technology software and programs, including Salesforce, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and cloud-based online systems (Box.com, etc.)
– A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar capacity
– Associates or Bachelors degree preferred, not required