Lindauer is a premier global executive search and talent firm serving the nonprofit sector. Lindauer specializes in recruiting leaders and their teams for education, healthcare, science, arts and culture, and advocacy organizations.
The Project Manager, Business Development prepares and compiles business development proposals and requests for proposals. This role requires exceptional communication and customer service, experienced time and project management, and the ability to multi-task while remaining extremely detail-oriented.
A critical member of the BD Team, the Project Manager reports to the Director, and supports all Lindauer business development work, helping company leaders coordinate business development activity. Working closely with research, data, and marketing colleagues, this role requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, expert project management, and an ability to apply and inform company strategy across a range of business development initiatives. The position will also play an integral role in conference planning and logistics.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arrange sales meetings, schedule appointments, and proactively prepare Lindauer leaders for sales meetings.
- Prepare business development proposals based on existing templates; amend and enhance based on industry, function, and region.
- Respond to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) from potential clients; adhere to client guidelines and liaise with client procurement offices.
- Maintain proposal templates and create new templates as needed to meet the changing needs of clients and the industry.
- Manage the workflow for all business development proposals, providing regular updates to the Business Development Team on status and deadlines.
- Work closely with research and data colleagues to ensure all business development data and notes are tracked in Salesforce.
- Work in partnership with the Marketing Team to manage Lindauer’s participation in national and global conferences, including managing and maintaining company membership affiliations, dues, and sponsorships, registering conference attendees, managing logistics for exhibitor booths, maintaining the firm conference calendar, and working with leadership to strategize for upcoming conferences.
- Collaborate effectively with Business Development Team members and other members of the Search Team.
- Attend company staff meetings, training, and Search Team meetings.
- Participate in company project teams as needed.
- Attend professional conference/networking meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Experience working in nonprofits either in corporate, foundation, and government relations or donor relations and/or experience in a professional services firm.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional composure and excellent interpersonal skills with both external and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to:
- produce high-quality outputs and materials in a professional and timely manner;
- respond quickly to and appropriately under a variety of situations and proactively resolve complications;
- work effectively both independently and collaboratively in a remote and/or hybrid team environment; and
- manage multiple priorities and tasks to meet a range of deadlines.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, positive attitude.
- Ease with and command of various communication channels, including email, video conference, phone, and digital/social media.
- Excellent command of business technology software and programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, database (currently Salesforce), and cloud-based online systems (Box.com, etc.).
• Paid time off; and
• Work from home/location flexible.
• 401(k) safe harbor with 3% annual company contribution;
• Access to professional financial advisory services;
• Employee discounts;
• Company-paid life insurance and AD&D;
• Voluntary life insurance and AD&D for employees, spouse, and child(ren);
• Long-term disability benefit; and
• Short-term disability benefit.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
• Medical insurance;
• Dental insurance;
• Vision insurance;
• Medical FSA;
• Dependent care FSA;
• Parking and transit FSA; and
• Employee assistance program.
The Lindauer team is made up of individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, cultures, and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all the qualifications.
Lindauer is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To apply or learn more about this opportunity, please email Lauren Haines, Consultant + Director, Business Development, at email@example.com.