Consultant Job Description
Consultants are responsible for core aspects of all assigned searches from search strategy, research, marketing strategy and messaging, to candidate development, screening, and referencing. While Lindauer has individuals who may assist with research, reference checking, preparation of candidate packages, meeting and travel coordination, and other administrative tasks that further a search, Consultants are expected to handle the bulk of their own search work.
The Lindauer approach to building candidate pools is designed to create a highly collaborative team and company culture while encouraging individual consultants to create successful outcomes for their clients.
A Consultant manages and executes the key elements of the search process that result in a candidate being offered a position by a client that results in a hire. This includes search strategy, research, marketing strategy and search messaging, candidate development and screening, preparation of candidate packages, meeting and travel coordination, and referencing. Consultants are engaged in and help to execute client meetings and regular client communications. A Consultant may also accompany members of the Business Development team on sales presentations from time to time. Members of the Search Team attend regularly scheduled internal meetings and have the opportunity to contribute ideas, and advance the firm overall, by serving on company project teams.
Principal Accountabilities, generally in order of search process:
- Participate in client onboarding and search Intake activities to gain a full understanding of the ideal placement profile, expectations and history of position, organizational culture, and ultimately derive a sense of the most important candidate competencies and attributes for the client. May participate in some or all Client Intake meetings.
- Attend internal Search Kick-Off Meeting; assist in creating the Prospectus, a marketing document to attract candidates; and work with Marketing colleagues to craft other marketing approaches suitable for search or team-building promotion.
- In partnership with Research colleagues, identify potential candidates and resources to contact for the position using Lindauer’s state-of-the art database, online and digital resources.
- Conduct research and collaborate with Research colleagues to develop markets in which to seek candidates and candidate pools.
- Make outreach calls and source individuals to build a pool of technically qualified candidates. Consultants are expected to use their networks to uncover prospects for other Lindauer searches, current and future, and to generate leads for potential new clients.
- Track search activity and progress in Lindauer database and create internal or Client progress reports as needed.
- Schedule and phone interview individuals who appear to be strong matches for positions based on preliminary phone conversations and resume. Work with lead or partner Consultants to Zoom or in-person interview some or all candidates.
- Secure all items for candidate packages to introduce, and/or co-present with lead or partner Consultants, those phone-screened and “best-matched” individuals to the client at a “Resume Review.”
- Support the Client in choosing candidates to interview in person.
- Support the Client, after in-person interviews, to choose finalist candidates.
- Conduct References and write Candidate Summaries for Client’s review. Arrange for on-site appointments and manage logistics of Candidate-Client interviews; attend if requested.
- Support compensation and closing negotiation as needed.
- Maintain communication with lead or partner Consultants as needed.
- Maintain communication weekly with Client throughout the search process.
- Collaborate effectively with Business Development team members and other members of the search team
- Accompany members of Business Development team on sales presentations as needed
- Attend company staff meetings, trainings, and search team meetings
- Participate in company project teams as needed
- Attend professional conference/networking meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and possess excellent time management skills
- Enjoyment of networking and phone outreach process
- Persuasive people skills with the ability to manage up
- Detail-oriented and strategic with good instincts and common sense
- Excellent work ethic and understanding that position may require weekend and evening work
- Local and national travel required when permitted; global travel may be requested
- Ability to work as a self-starter in meeting goals and objectives
- Experience in nonprofits, recruitment, and/or talent management preferred
To apply or learn more about this opportunity, please email Devin O’Leary, Vice President, at doleary@LindauerGlobal.com